John Randolph Medical Center Auxiliary Scholarship
To promote a broad range of professional health occupations by awarding scholarships for attendance at institutions of higher learning. Professional health occupations may include, but are not limited to, nurses, pharmacists, physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers, physicians, radiology/lab technicians, psychologists, health administration, and biologists. Priority may be given to a child/grandchild of an active member of the John Randolph Medical Center Auxiliary.
The John Randolph Medical Center Auxiliary Scholarship Program was established in 1992 to provide assistance to students who have been accepted for enrollment in an accredited medical program. Scholarships are awarded for one full academic year and may be re-awarded pending grades and available funding. The scholarship must be used in the calendar year awarded.
The scholarship program is available to residents of the Hopewell, Prince George, Chester, Petersburg and Colonial Heights. Priority may be given to a child/grandchild of an active member of the John Randolph Medical Center Auxiliary. Student interns working for John Randolph Foundation are eligible to apply; however, foundation trustees, other foundation employees and their immediate families (parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, and anyone claimed as a dependent for tax purposes) are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Applicants Must
- Express an interest in attending college as a full-time or part-time undergraduate (at least 6 hours per semester) or graduate student in a health-related field;
- Submit a completed “John Randolph Foundation Scholarship Application” ONLINE to include the required documents which must be uploaded with the application;
- Demonstrate financial need and;
- Must have a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
- (6 Points) Letters of Recommendation
- (7 Points) Financial Need
- (10 Points)Academics
- (10 Points)Extracurricular Activities
- (7 Points) Statement & Essay
- (5 Points) Priority may be given to a child/grandchild of an active Auxiliary member
The scholarship amount is $1,000 and will be paid directly to the school for current year tuition, fees, books purchased through the institution attended, and on-campus dormitory and meal plan expenses. The scholarship committee will review and evaluate all applications and announce awards each spring. The committee will also review and revise the scholarship policy and criteria as necessary.
All required documents must be uploaded with the application. Any mailed or hand-delivered documents will not be accepted.
- Academic Transcript(s) (High School or College whichever applies.)
- SAT Scores or Relevant Test Scores (GRE's, ACT, MCATS, etc.) - Check to see if SAT Test Scores are listed on your official high school transcript. If so, no need to submit separately.
- Student Aid Report (SAR) – Submit pages 1 & 2 of the SAR Report which provides the EFC# (Expected Family Contribution) and Student’s Information – SAR and EFC# is generated from the completed FAFSA Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Current)
Failure to submit the online application with all documents attached to the application by the deadline will disqualify an applicant from consideration for the John Randolph Medical Center Auxiliary Scholarship. The John Randolph Foundation Scholarship Committee reserves the right to interview applicants in the final stages of selection.
The decision of the scholarship committee in all matters regarding scholarships is final. Canvassing a scholarship benefactor, any John Randolph Foundation trustee or employee shall result in immediate disqualification. Scholarship awards are subject to the availability of funds, meeting the criteria as outlined in the guidelines of the individual scholarship program and contingent upon acceptance and enrollment in an approved program.
John Randolph Foundation respects the privacy of scholarship applicants. Any personal or financial information will be used for the purpose of assessing the scholarship application and will be made available solely to the Foundation's staff and scholarship selection committee. We make every effort to maintain your confidentiality.
John Randolph Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Organization