Katy Clayton Memorial Scholarship
To promote continuing education for any course of study by awarding scholarships for attendance at institutions of higher education to individuals who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement and desire.
The Katy Clayton Memorial Scholarship Program was established in June 2005 in memory of Katy by her sons, Dan, Mike and Daryl. Not only was Katy a wonderful mother, she was also a helping hand to many in the community. Katy worked for 42 years at Ford Agency. She loved this community and touched the lives of many people. Friends described Katy as an individual whose goodness and faith could change the world with one unseen and unrewarded kindness at a time. Because of Katy's commitment to the community, her sons created this scholarship as a lasting memorial to her.
The scholarship program is available to seniors attending Thomas Dale High School.
Student interns working for John Randolph Foundation are eligible to apply; however, foundation trustees, other foundation employees and their immediate families (parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, and anyone claimed as a dependent for tax purposes) are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Applicants Must
- Express an interest in attending college as a full-time or part-time undergraduate student (at least 6 hours per semester);
- Submit a completed “John Randolph Foundation Scholarship Application” ONLINE to include the required documents which must be uploaded with the application;
- Demonstrate financial need; and
- Must have a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better
- (5 Points) Letters of Recommendation
- (10 Points)Financial Need
- (5 Points) Academics
- (10 Points)Extracurricular Activities
- (10 Points)Statement & Essay
The scholarship amount is $1,000 and will be paid directly to the school for current year tuition, fees, books purchased through the institution attended, and on-campus dormitory and meal plan expenses. The scholarship committee will review and evaluate all applications and announce awards each spring. The committee will also review and revise the scholarship policy and criteria as necessary.
All required documents must be uploaded with the application. Any mailed or hand-delivered documents will not be accepted.
- Academic Transcript(s) (High School or College whichever applies.)
- Student Aid Report (SAR) – Submit pages 1 & 2 of the SAR Report which provides the EFC# (Expected Family Contribution) and Student’s Information – SAR and EFC# is generated from the completed FAFSA Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Current)
Failure to submit the online application with all documents attached to the application by the deadline will disqualify an applicant from consideration for the Katy Clayton Memorial Scholarship. The John Randolph Foundation Scholarship Committee reserves the right to interview applicants in the final stages of selection.
The decision of the scholarship committee in all matters regarding scholarships is final. Canvassing a scholarship benefactor, any John Randolph Foundation trustee or employee shall result in immediate disqualification. Scholarship awards are subject to the availability of funds, meeting the criteria as outlined in the guidelines of the individual scholarship program and contingent upon acceptance and enrollment in an approved program.
John Randolph Foundation respects the privacy of scholarship applicants. Any personal or financial information will be used for the purpose of assessing the scholarship application and will be made available solely to the Foundation's staff and scholarship selection committee. We make every effort to maintain your confidentiality.
John Randolph Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Organization