John Randolph Foundation works with donors and organizations to create enduring legacies through permanently endowed charitable funds.
A Round to Remember in Memory of Jimmy Brantley
Please join us for the second annual “A Round to Remember Golf Tournament in Memory of Jimmy Brantley” on Friday, October 9, 2020, at Prince George Golf Course. The tournament proceeds will support caregivers of loved ones suffering from dementia in the Tri-cities area. To learn more about sponsorship opportunities and to register, please CLICK HERE!
For more information, please contact Ann Easterling @ (804) 458-2239 or Leah Brantley @ (804) 898-5971.
Tee it Up for Travis Memorial Golf Tournament for Colon Cancer Awareness
The 2nd annual Tee it Up for Travis Memorial Golf Tournament is Friday, October 16, 2020, at the County Club of Petersburg. Proceeds from the tournament will support colorectal cancer awareness and reseach. The tournament is in loving memory of Travis Gathright who lost his valiant fight against colorectal cancer in 2018.
For sponsorhip opportunities and to register to play in the tournament, CLICK HERE!
For more information, please contact Ann Easterling @ (804) 458-2239.
To see how endowments work, please visit our blog post “The Power of Endowments”.
To see a list of our current funds, please visit our donation page.
TYPES OF FUNDS
- Administrative: Support the Foundation’s operations and help us carry out our mission.
- Agency: The donor and beneficiary of the fund are the same nonprofit organization.
- Award: This fund benefits a professional in a field of your choice via a nomination process.
- Designated: This fund supports one or more specific nonprofit organizations.
- Donor Advised Fund: The donor(s) recommends charitable grants from the fund each year.
- Field of Interest: This fund supports a cause area such as youth development, the arts, etc.
- Scholarship: This fund benefits a student(s) that meets your custom scholarship guidelines.
- Unrestricted: The Board of Trustees applies the fund to the area where it is needed most.
ESTABLISH A FUND
- Start by determining your charitable goals. For example, do you want to support a specific organization or a general field of interest such as youth development? Do you want to be involved in the selection process each year?
- Select the type of fund that best fits your goals. John Randolph Foundation staff can explain the advantages of each type of fund we offer.
- Create a name for your fund. You can use your name, the name of a family member, or the name of a favorite cause – or choose a name that allows you to remain anonymous.
- Sign a fund agreement. Our staff will personalize the document based on your wishes.
- If creating a donor advised fund, you may designate current fund advisors such as yourself and spouse, and successor advisors such as your children.
- Make an establishing gift. Some donors fund their endowment through an outright gift of cash or appreciated securities. Other donors choose to defer their gift through a bequest, a life insurance policy, or retirement assets.
For more information on establishing any other type of fund, contact Ann Easterling, Development Program Officer, at (804) 458-2239 or [email protected].