Thank you for your interest in John Randolph Foundation’s grant programs. Our grant applications are now online. Organizations wishing to apply for either a Community Contribution grant or a Responsive grant, should begin by clicking here and establishing an individual profile.
While creating your individual profile, enter your organization’s information; this will also establish your organization within our database. Applicants will set up login credentials including a username (the best email for managing your grant applications) and a password. You will also include the organization’s EIN/Tax ID number and the executive officer’s contact information.
Please ensure that all information entered is accurate. After setting up your individual and organization profile, you will then be able to proceed with applying for a grant. You will also be able to view, edit, and manage your submissions online through the system. The organization’s history will be retained as a record in the system for future reference and management.
Spring Responsive Grant Cycle
February 1: Letter of intent due
March 15: Notification mailed to applicant
April 15: Full application due
July 1: Notification mailed to applicant
Fall Responsive Grant Cycle
August 1: Letter of intent due
September 15: Notification mailed to applicant
October 15: Full application due
January 1: Notification mailed to applicant
Please note: If a due date falls on a weekend or holiday, we will accept applications submitted on the next business day. Full applications are only accepted from organizations who have been invited to apply based upon their submitted letter of intent.
- For the best user experience using Foundant Grants Lifecycle Manager (GLM), we recommend using Google Chrome 14 or higher, Firefox 9 or higher, or Safari 4 or higher. You may use Internet Explorer but, you may encounter some minor technical issues.
- It may be useful to record responses to the application form in a Microsoft Word document in order to save a copy of the information in the case of Internet or other technical difficulties.
- We have provided a link to our recommended project budget and budget reconciliation template in order to submit proposed budgets. The link is provided on the application. If you have trouble accessing the project budget template link via the application, we are also providing it here: JRF Project Budget Template. If unable to click on the link, please copy and paste the link into your web browser. Applicants are not required to use this budget template; however, if you do not use this template, please use a similar format.
- Also, if you are awarded a grant, you can submit your budget reconciliation required with your Interim and Final Progress Reports by using the same template provided and clicking on the second tab: Budget Reconcilation at the bottom of the spreadsheet.
- For your reference, we have also provided two Foundant GLM tutorials: Applicant Registration Tutorial and Applicant Workflow Tutorial
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact Kevin Foster, at [email protected] or (804) 458-2239. Thank you.