AdvanSix STEM Scholarship Endowment
To promote a broad range of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)-related occupations by awarding scholarships for attendance at institutions of to individuals who demonstrate financial need, academic achievement and desire.
The AdvanSix STEM Scholarship Endowment was established by the Honeywell Foundation to support the surrounding communities and perpetuate a trained workforce in the technology field.
The scholarship program is available to residents of the City of Hopewell and the following localities: Prince George, Colonial Heights, Petersburg, Emporia, Fort Lee, Dinwiddie, Sussex, Surry, Chesterfield (South of Rt. 288 and East of Ironbridge Road), Charles City and Varina (Southeast Henrico, south of I-64). Student interns working for John Randolph Foundation are eligible to apply; however, foundation trustees, other foundation employees and their immediate families (parents, spouses, brothers, sisters, and anyone claimed as a dependent for tax purposes) are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship Applicants Must
- Be attending or express an interest in attending college as a full-time or part-time undergraduate (at least 6 hours per semester);
- Submit a completed “John Randolph Foundation Scholarship Application” ONLINE to include the required documents which must be uploaded with the application;
- Demonstrate financial need and;
- Must have a G.P.A. of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 grading scale, or equivalent
- (5 Points) Letters of Recommendation
- (10 Points)Financial Need
- (10 Points)Academics
- (5 Points) Extracurricular Activities
- (10 Points)Statement & Essay
The scholarship amount is $1,000 and will be paid directly to the school for current year tuition, fees, books purchased through the institution attended, and on-campus dormitory and meal plan expenses. The scholarship committee will review and evaluate all applications and announce awards each spring. The committee will also review and revise the scholarship policy and criteria as necessary.
The application must be submitted online at johnrandolphfoundation.org.
The deadlines are as follows:
- The application must be completed online. All required documents must be attached to the online application. Any documents mailed or dropped off at the John Randolph Foundation will not be accepted and the application will be deemed incomplete.
- The deadline for the submission of the online application is 11:59 PM on February 26.
- If the above due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or a legal holiday, then the deadline becomes the next business day by 11:59 PM.
- Direct any questions to the foundation office at 458-2239.
All required documents must be uploaded with the application. Any mailed or hand-delivered documents will not be accepted.
- Academic Transcript(s) (High School or College whichever applies.)
- Student Aid Report (SAR) – Submit pages 1 & 2 of the SAR Report which provides the EFC# (Expected Family Contribution) and Student’s Information – SAR and EFC# is generated from the completed FAFSA Application
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Current)
Failure to submit the online application with all documents attached to the application by the deadline will disqualify an applicant from consideration for the AdvanSix STEM Scholarship Endowment. The John Randolph Foundation Scholarship Committee reserves the right to interview applicants in the final stages of selection.
The decision of the scholarship committee in all matters regarding scholarships is final. Canvassing a scholarship benefactor, any John Randolph Foundation trustee or employee shall result in immediate disqualification. Scholarship awards are subject to the availability of funds, meeting the criteria as outlined in the guidelines of the individual scholarship program and contingent upon acceptance and enrollment in an approved program.
John Randolph Foundation respects the privacy of scholarship applicants. Any personal or financial information will be used for the purpose of assessing the scholarship application and will be made available solely to the Foundation's staff and scholarship selection committee. We make every effort to maintain your confidentiality.
John Randolph Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Organization