Establish A Scholarship
Creating your own scholarship is a meaningful way to remember a loved one or to fulfill your organization’s mission. Scholarships may be created by donors, organizations or businesses and may reflect the name of the donor(s) or someone they wish to honor or memorialize.
The Foundation and donors recognize the well-being of the community rests in the intellectual and personal development of its citizens which makes establishing a scholarship fund an especially rewarding way of giving.
Donors can establish scholarships at John Randolph Foundation with a gift of $10,000 or more. The benefits of endowing a scholarship include:
- The initial gift is invested while the fund’s net investment income is used for scholarship awards.
- Funds are pooled with the foundation’s assets, giving access to a broader range of investment opportunities.
Fundraising support through letter writing campaigns, special fundraising events, and the handling of all charitable gift transactions and receipts.
- Marketing your scholarship to local communities and schools.
- Involvement in our trusted scholarship selection process.
- Involvement in presenting your scholarship(s) to the student(s) at area high school event(s) and at our annual ceremony.
For more information:
- Download the JRF Scholarship Fund Administration (PDF)
- Download a Sample JRF Scholarship Agreement (PDF)
- Download a Sample JRF Scholarship Checklist (PDF)
To discuss establishing your scholarship at John Randolph Foundation, contact Bonnie Falls, Scholarship Program Officer at (804) 458-2239 or [email protected].