What scholarship programs do you offer? How much are the scholarships for, are they renewable? How do I know if I am eligible?
The Foundation manages a number of scholarship programs. Click here for information about our scholarship offerings.
How do I apply for scholarships?
Please click here to complete the John Randolph Foundation application online. You only need to submit one application.
The following supporting documentation must also be submitted online.
- Academic Transcripts. High school or college whichever applies.
- SAT Score and/or relevant test scores. Check to see if SAT test scores are listed on your official high school transcript. If so, you do not need to submit separately.
- Copy of Student Aid Report (SAR). Submit pages 1 & 2 of the SAR report which provides the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) and the student’s information. SAR and EFC # is generated from the completed FAFSA application.
- Three (3) Current Letters of Recommendation
Can I fax my application?
No, you must submit your application and all supporting documentation online.
Do you offer scholarships for graduate studies?
Yes. Click here to conduct a scholarship search to see what scholarships might be available.
What is the deadline to apply for scholarships?
Deadline is February 15th at 4:00 pm.
How and when will I be notified if I receive a scholarship? Can I call to follow up?
Following the application deadline, the Foundation will begin the review process. Applicants who were selected to receive a scholarship will be notified by the mid-May. If additional information is needed, you will be contacted.
What are my chances for receiving a scholarship?
Volunteer scholarship selection committees review all applications and select recipients based on availability of funds and the competitiveness of the applicant pool. Competition for scholarships is strong and meeting minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee funding.
If my application is declined, can you tell me why?
The Foundation is unable to provide feedback on individual applications.
If I receive a scholarship, what do I have to do for you?
▪ Sign and return the Data Form listing the campus address and phone number (if applicable) or contact information.
▪ Please reply promptly to requests for information
▪ Notify the Foundation of a change in address, change of major, or if you transfer schools within two weeks of the change.
▪ Contact the Foundation immediately if you stop attending school at (804) 458-2239.
What can my scholarship be used for?
The scholarship can be used for any educational expenses: tuition and fees, books and supplies, and on-campus room and board.
If I am awarded a scholarship, how do I receive my funds?
Scholarship checks are sent directly to your school’s student accounts or financial aid office. If your scholarship check has not been issued to your school on your behalf, please contact the Foundation as we may be missing documentation needed to process a payment. Refund of unused scholarship funds are to be returned to the Foundation.
What happens if I change majors, transfer schools or drop out?
You should notify the John Randolph Foundation immediately at (804) 458-2239.
Are scholarships renewable?
Some of our scholarships are renewable. If you received a scholarship award that is renewable, you will receive materials in the mail about how to renew your application. To renew your scholarship, you must complete the Renewal Form mailed out to your permanent address and send us a copy of your most recent transcripts when requested. Your transcripts will verify that you maintained your enrollment and met all requirements relevant to your scholarship. Renewal Forms submitted without all requested materials will not be processed.
If I receive a scholarship, should I send a thank you note to the donor? Where do I send it?
Yes! Thank you notes are highly encouraged. You may address your thank you note to “Scholarship Program Officer” and mail it to:
John Randolph Foundation
112 N. Main Street
Hopewell, VA 23860
John Randolph Foundation will forward it to the respective donor.
Whom can I contact if I have further questions?
Bonnie Falls (email: [email protected] . Telephone:(804) 458-2239) is available to answer questions regarding eligibility and the application process.